Wednesday 8 October 2014

Look who's back

Wednesday 8 October 2014
Hello Blog ,

I AM BACK YAAY !

As I mentioned in a previous post, I went on a little holiday with family for the last three days which was absolutely amazing  .I got to meet a bunch of family members I haven't seen in ages, talk to everyone and have a good time away from the internet, which is always a good thing .

Don't get me wrong I enjoy being online , whether  I'm chatting with friends , blogging or simply just reading a random article.But sometimes you just need a break to go out, get some fresh air and maybe just maybe socialize (even though that can be quite hard ) .

Because of the so called break I took I had a lot of catching up to do.Of course the first thing I did was to go and watch the latest vlogs and main channel  videos of my favourite youtubers -Which has become quite the addiction I confess - .Then it was tumblr & bloglovin time which lasted for long three hours , in which I was very overwhelmed by all the new articles I was reading .

But the thing the really caught my attention was  one particular picture from the blog Who needs feminism ?  which I will post below that says an I quote " I NEED FEMINISM  because I'm sick and tired of being told that feminism doesn't matter and that it doesn't affect me because I'm only 16
Feminism matters to everyone,whether they like it or not,and I want to make sure that people realise just how it affects others "





Even though I am not  16 anymore -by the way I'm almost 18 - I immediatly related to this person .
Whenever I talk about feminism , sexism, sexual assault or anything related to the subject matter with my classmates and friends ,they all look at me like I'm some kind of weirdo who is talking nonsense . They always ask me why am I so passionate about something so very hated by people , something that -from their point of view- doesn't really concern me , something I don't relate to .
It doesn't matter how much I explain they never even try to understand . 
To be honest this subject isn't even debatable for them . they are so influenced by the moroccan culture that they don't even think anymore. Which kind of lead me not to mention it to some anymore. Some I cut off my life ,sadly, because I do not need any toxic friendships .

Let's not get caught up with this entire "Feminism" thing .Because if I keep writing, this will be a very very long post ,but  I'll definetly be leaving it to a future blog post . 

Anyway this is it for today . I hope you all have a pleasant morning / aftenoon or evening where ever you are  . 

If you want to be updates everytime I post on here follow me on  Bloglovin'   Or subscribe by e-mail the link is on my wall .

Don't forget to do more of what makes you happy and I'll see you next time.


                                                                Khaoula.A

No comments:

Post a Comment

The life of an introvert. © 2014