Thursday 15 January 2015

On weight problems and body positivity.

Thursday 15 January 2015

Hello blog,

Time to get a little bit serious here. Since junior high I have always had problems with my weight. I wouldn't exactly call it struggling, but I wasn't happy with what I seeing in the mirror. It wasn't  until I have graduated high school and got introduced to the "real world" that I really understood what body positivity is and felt good about myself . That's why I have gathered a few general points that people should grasp in order for them to be truly body positive.


  • Don't fat shame people but don't skinny shame them. people have different bodies. fat doesn't necesseraly mean unhealthy but skinny doesn't necesseraly mean healthy . STOP MAKING PEOPLE FEEL BAD BECAUSE OF THE WAY THEY LOOK.
  • STOP SAYING "real women have curves". All women are real, wether someone has curves or not doesn't define how much of a women they are . This is not a competition.
  • love your body no matter how it looks like. I know this sounds like an order or some sort, but believe me sonner or later you will realize that the only person in control of your hapiness is YOU. So love your body and be happy. If you want to change the way your body looks for health reasons or because you just want to , please do it . But remember to always love your body in the process.


My favourite part of feminism is self love , so I say it again LOVE YOUR SELF or nobody will .Im gonna end this with some of my favourite quotes on the subject . 




Size Acceptance isn’t about promoting a body size, it’s about the basic right of everyone, of every size, to exist without shame, stigma, bullying, or oppression, regardless of why they are the size they are, what being that size means, and if they could or want to change their size.

—  Ragen Chastain




What we think about ourselves becomes the truth for us.

—  Louise Hay






As always guys remember to love yourself , stay positive and do more of what makes you happy . 



Khaoula.A
xx

 Social media links :   twitter , facebook  , bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

The life of an introvert. © 2014